(30.1.2023): According to the observations at (05:30)hrs MST today, theWell Marked Low Pressure Area over the Southeast Bay of Bengal and adjoining East Equatorial Indian Ocean still persists. It is likely to move West-Northwestwards and further intensify into a Depression over Southwest Bay of Bengal around during next (18)hrs and reach near Sri Lanka coast around (1.2.2023).Weather is cloudy over the Southwest Bay and Westcentral Bay of Bengal and a few cloud to partly cloudy over the Andaman Sea and elsewhere over the Bay of Bengal.

Condition of La Nina during Winter Season, 2017-2018

Condition of La Nina during Winter and Summer Seasons, 2018

Issued at 27-1-2018         

  1.       The Sea Surface Temperature (SST) over Tropical Pacific Ocean near the Equator and the current situation of most Atmospheres Variable are forming patterns suggestive of La Nina condition. According to the Numerical Weather prediction model for La Nina forecast, there is likely to be 69% chance of La Nina from January-March, 2018. It is issued that La Nina condition are likely to decrease 50% chance of La Nina (February-March- April) 2018 and 30% chance of La Nina and 70% neutral condition (March- April-May), 2018 by International Pacific Oceanic Sea Surface Temperature monitoring Centres.
  2.      Although the La Nina occur at Pacific Ocean, the impact of La Nina are generally occur the more frequent of Cyclone in Bay of Bengal, decrease of night temperatures over Myanmar due to the strong Northeast monsoon, Strong Easterly Waves and increase of Untimely Rainfall conditions. These conditions will be likely to decrease due to the neutral condition of La Nina in (March- April-May), 2018.

       c.      La Nina Condition will be updated in time.