Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm Warning, No.30, 2023
14th May, 2023 16:00 MST Today
Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm Condition
According to the observations at (14:30) hrs M.S.T today, the Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm “MOCHA” over Northeast Bay and adjoining East Central Bay of Bengal has moved North-Northeastwards. It is crossing interior near Sittwe, Myanmar.
Itis crossing Rakhine Coast, near Sittwe (Myanmar), the present stage of the Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm is coded brown stage.
During next (24) hours forecast
The Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm “MOCHA” is likely continue to move North-Northeastwards and thereafter it is likely continue to move North-Northeastwards towards Chin State and Magway Region as a Very Severe Cyclonic Storm “MOCHA” during tonight, towards Sagaing Region as a Cyclonic Storm “MOCHA” and towards Kachin State as land depression around (15.5.2023).
- Due to the Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm “MOCHA”, rain or thundershowers will be widespread in Naypyitaw, Sagaing, Mandalay, Magway, Bago, Yangon, Ayeyarwady, Taninthayi Regions and Kachin, Shan, Chin, Rakhine, Kayah, Kayin, Mon States and fairly widespread in Taninthayi Region with regionally heavyfalls in Sagaing, Mandalay, Magway, Bago, Yangon, Ayeyarwady Regions and Kachin, Chin, Rakhine States and isolated heavy falls in Naypyitaw and Shan, Kayah, Kayin, Mon States from today evening to (15.5.2023).
- Frequently squalls with very rough seas will be experienced off and along Rakhine Coast. Surface wind speed in squalls may reach (90-100) m.p.h and wave height will be about (14-18) feet off and along Rakhine Coast and frequently squalls with rough to very rough seas will be experienced off and along Deltaic, surface wind speed in squalls may reach (50-60) m.p.h and wave height will be about (10-14) feet off and along Deltaic during next (24) hours.
- Themaximum wind speed may reach (90-100) mph in Rakhine State, (60-70) mph in Sagaing, Mandalay, Magway, Ayeyarwady Regions and Chin State and (40-50) mph in Naypyitaw, Bago, Yangon Regions and Kachin, Shan, Kayah States.
- When crossing the Cyclonic Storm, storm surge height will be (14)ft to (18)ft in Estuary and Tributaries at Sittwe District, Kyaukpyu District and Maungdaw District,Rakhine State.
- Under the influence of the Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm “MOCHA”, people should be aware of storm surge high, strong wind, heavy rain, flash flood and landslide in the hilly areas, near small rivers and also domestic flight. The trawlers, vessels and ships do not go out off and along Myanmar Coasts. Therefore, people should watch the forecasts of the Department of Meteorology and Hydrology and make the necessary preparations.